Warren Jeffs - Polygamist Leader's Child Sexual Assualt Trial Starts 7/25/11

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Warren Jeffs - Polygamist Leader's Child Sexual Assualt Trial Starts 7/25/11

Post by Piper on Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:25 pm

Polygamist leader's trial starts in Texas

WILL WEISSERT, Associated Press
Updated 12:01 p.m., Monday, July 25, 2011

SAN ANGELO, Texas (AP) — His followers call him a prophet who is God's spokesman on Earth. Prosecutors say he's a bigamist who sexually assaulted two underage girls he duped into "spiritual marriages."

Whether he's a holy man or a criminal, it's hard to find many people who don't have an opinion on Warren Jeffs in this remote, cotton-growing corner of West Texas oil and gas country.

And that was the main challenge as jury selection started Monday in the case of the 55-year-old ecclesiastical head of the Fundamentalist Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, an offshoot of the Mormon church that believes polygamy brings exaltation in heaven — and should be protected under U.S. religious freedoms.

"I would imagine that they would want to transfer it to the moon where you might have a chance that no one would have heard of it," said Patrick Metze, a criminal law professor at Texas Tech University.

Jeffs is charged with sexual assault of one child and aggravated sexual assault of another. He faces a maximum sentence of life in prison if convicted and will be tried separately on bigamy charges in October.

Read more: http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/article/Polygamist-leader-s-trial-starts-in-Texas-1578309.php#ixzz1T8fS5Lof

Piper

Mood: Innocent

Back to top Go down

Re: Warren Jeffs - Polygamist Leader's Child Sexual Assualt Trial Starts 7/25/11

Post by Justice4all on Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:46 pm

I say criminal considering he sexually assaulted two underage girls. I'd have to question the sanity of anybody who thinks he's a holy man.

Justice4all
Admin

Mood: Sleepy

Back to top Go down

Re: Warren Jeffs - Polygamist Leader's Child Sexual Assualt Trial Starts 7/25/11

Post by Piper on Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:32 pm

Polygamist's trial resumes in San Angelo

By WILL WEISSERTAssociated Press

Aug. 1, 2011, 12:12PM

SAN ANGELO — Polygamist leader Warren Jeffs was unsuccessful Monday in a third attempt to remove the Texas judge overseeing his child sex assault case — this time based on the claim that God demands a change.

The head of the Fundamentalist Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints filed a motion purporting to quote God as saying state District Judge Barbara Walther should “step away from this abuse of power against a religious and pure faith in the Lord.”

After a short recess to assess the motion, Walther ruled the trial would continue under new Texas Supreme Court rules that went into effect Monday. The new standard no longer requires an immediate hearing to recuse a judge after evidence in a case has been heard. Walther said a hearing would be held later.

Jeffs is accused of sexually assaulting two underage girls he took as brides. His church is an offshoot of mainstream Mormonism that believes polygamy brings exaltation in Heaven, and followers see Jeffs as God’s earthly spokesman.

The 55-year-old fired his attorneys last week and has representing himself. He gave a speech defending polygamy Friday, then read a statement he said was from God. The statement promised “sickness and death” unless what it described as the persecution of his religion ceased.

Read more: http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/life/religion/new/7678367.html#ixzz1To7jPAP2

Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper on Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:37 pm

He's a serial pedophile, now representing himself in court and his crazy rantings. The mothers offering up their young girls to be raped by this man and the others in this cult should also have charges filed against them as well. This particular trial is not about polygamy, it's child rape. Evil or Very Mad

Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by BREEZE4 on Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:39 pm

Just found guilty....penalty phase shortly

BREEZE4

Mood: Excited

Back to top Go down

Post by khintx on Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:43 pm

GUILTY GUILTY GUILTY GUILTY GUILTY.

Sick sunnovabitch.

kh

khintx

Mood: Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sherry on Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:25 pm

I hope he gets sexually violated every day he lives behind bars!~

Sherry

Mood: Praying

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper on Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:15 pm

I hope he's sentenced to life! Sherry - I totally agree. What this child rapist has been allowed to do over all these years is disgusting. He truly thinks he is God. I can only hope this cult will start to disintegrate over time. The picture of him holding and kissing his 12 year old bride made me ill. And that is just one of many in this cult that has been raped as a child. His cult was a smokescreen to fuel his deviant behavior, and most of the other adult males in it as well. I want to hear them give him the maximum penalty. I say go after the rest of them.

Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper on Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:16 pm

Polygamy Meets Big Brother

8/3/11

The Warren Jeffs jury heard sex tapes yesterday of the polygamist allegedly taking a 12-year-old 'wife,' but Carol McKinley reports that goons at the cult’s compound have banned all news.

The West Texas jury deciding the fate of polygamy cult leader Warren Jeffs listened through headphones to 21 minutes of heavy breathing yesterday. Some in the room wept. Others held their hands over their mouths. The X-rated recording, a cornerstone of the state’s child-sex-assault case, allegedly chronicled Jeffs’ encounter with a 12-year-old girl, an episode that ended with the self-proclaimed prophet declaring, “In Jesus Christ, amen.”

The jurors heard an almost inaudible voice. “Amen,” echoed the child.

It got worse. According to prosecutors, Jeffs and his new “celestial wife” were not alone. A dozen of his most trusted men were witnesses to the “sealing.” It was a family affair: At least one of Jeffs’ other wives, his purported favorite, Naomi, was also in the room. “What are you feeling?” Jeffs asked the girl. And in a moment that froze everyone in the courtroom, she answered meekly, “Very well, thank you.”

Read more:
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2011/08/03/warren-jeffs-child-sex-tapes-and-a-big-brother-cover-up.html

Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sherry on Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:41 pm

He's a sicko of the worst kind. I hope he gets life without parole. The reason he doesn't want his followers to hear about his verdict is to keep them under his thumb. They will have no idea when he is coming back. Its his way of having control over them from behind bars.

I hope the other men get the same as Jeffs.

Sherry

Mood: Praying

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper on Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:47 pm

Me too, Sherry. They are talking now about going after the women as well.

Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by pi-girl on Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:59 pm

Polygamist leader Jeffs sentenced to life in prison
Updated: Tue Aug. 09 2011 11:42:59

The Associated Press

SAN ANGELO, Texas — Polygamist leader Warren Jeffs was sentenced to life in prison on Tuesday for sexually assaulting an underage follower he took as a bride in what his church deemed a "spiritual marriage."

The head of the Fundamentalist Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints also received a 20-year sentence for the sexual assault of a 15-year-old girl.

He stood quietly Tuesday as the decision of the Texas jury was read, giving him the maximum sentence on both counts. They are to be served consecutively. Texas Department of Criminal Justice spokesman Jason Clark said the 55-year-old will be eligible for parole in 35 years.

Prosecutors had asked the jury for the life sentence after presenting their painstaking and sometimes graphic case, and rejected Jeffs' contention that he was being persecuted for his religious beliefs.

"The evidence in this case shows that this isn't a prosecution of a people," prosecutor Eric Nichols said in his closing argument. "This is a prosecution to protect people."

Full story: http://calgary.ctv.ca/servlet/an/local/CTVNews/20110809/warren-jeffs-prison-110809/20110809/?hub=CalgaryHome

~Where the heart is willing, it will find a thousand ways. Where it is unwilling, it will find a thousand
excuses." ~

"Do not save your loving speeches
For your friends till they are dead;
Do not write them on their tombstones,
Speak them rather now instead."

- Anna Cummins

pi-girl

Mood: Shifty

http://pauseforthechildren.com

Back to top Go down

Post by pi-girl on Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:09 pm

Polygamist Leader Warren Jeffs Sentenced!
POSTED BY MONICA BIELANKO ON AUGUST 9TH, 2011 AT 3:47 PM

It took a Texas jury less than 30 minutes to reach a sentence for polygamous sect leader Warren Jeffs. Life in prison. That’s what he gets for sexually assaulting two underage followers he took as brides.

Life. In. Prison.

YES! If the devil ever walked the earth he would probably choose to be Warren Jeffs. The man is pure evil. He is a pedophile and child molester of epic proportions. Thousands of young girls have been victimized because of this man’s lies and brainwashing. Thousands of young men have been cast out of their homes because of this man.

more: http://blogs.babble.com/strollerderby/2011/08/09/polygamist-leader-warren-jeffs-sentenced/

~Where the heart is willing, it will find a thousand ways. Where it is unwilling, it will find a thousand
excuses." ~

- Anna Cummins

pi-girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper on Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:48 pm

Burn in your own hell, Warren Jeffs. I hope you are feeling the flames at your feet! I can't wait to see more of your associate child rapists follow in your footsteps, across a threshold of life in prison. And to all you "sister wives" in this cult, shame, shame on you as mothers....I hope you get what's coming to you as well.

~Snipped~

"If the world knew what I was doing they would hang me from the highest tree, and they would do worse than that," Jeffs said of underage marriages in one of the dictations dated Jan. 25, 2004.

"I knew and understood him to be that kind of man," Utah Attorney General Mark Shurtleff told Fox 13 on Tuesday. "We just had to have that evidence to do it. Texas finally had that evidence."

Justice, Texas style! Go Texas!

Utah? Arizona? Are you going to stand up and finally protect these children that are so blatantly being abused?

Read more:
http://www.fox13now.com/news/local/kstu-warren-jeffs-photos-of-warren-jeffs-and-his-wives-emerge-20110809,0,6918548.story?track=rss

Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by Estee on Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:39 am

To say that I am pleased with the verdict and sentence would be an understatement...At least now we won't have to worry about contamination of the gene pool for awhile and perhaps the "arranged" marriages of underage girls in his cult will come to an end...If he should manage to live until his parole date I feel certain that parole will be denied....I hope he doesn't corrupt any of his fellow inmates into his twisted religious beliefs...

Estee

Mood: Excited

Back to top Go down

Post by pi-girl on Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:47 am

Warren Jeffs In Coma, May Not Survive: Source
By KATIE KINDELAN and KAITLYN FOLMER (@ABCKaitlyn)
Aug. 29, 2011

Warren Jeffs, the polygamous sect leader and convicted child rapist, is in a coma and may not survive, a source close to Jeffs tells ABC News.

Jeffs, 55, had been fasting for the past three days and became so weak that doctors at the Texas prison where he is serving a life sentence induced a coma, according to the source.

The leader of a radical polygamist sect of Mormonism known as the Fundamentalist Church of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints (FLDS), Jeffs is scheduled to go on trial a second time in October to face charges of first-degree bigamy. Conviction would be punishable by up to 99 years or life in prison and up to a $10,000 fine.

Jeffs was moved last Tuesday to a solitary cell at the Powledge Unit in Palestine, Texas, because of the large amount of media coverage surrounding his case, prison officials said.

Polygamous Sect Leader Warren Jeffs in Critical Condition

He is now being treated at the East Texas Medical Facility in Tyler, Texas, the nearest major medical center to the Powledge Unit, Michelle Lyons, spokesperson for the Texas Department of Criminal Justice , told ABC News.

Lyons said Jeffs is in "critical but stable condition," but added, "I cannot confirm that he is in a coma."

Prison officials are prohibited from releasing the specific medical conditions for which Jeffs is currently receiving treatment due to the federal health privacy policies.

"He did indicate to staff that he was fasting, but he is currently being treated for other medical ailments and conditions," she said of Jeffs.

Full story: http://abcnews.go.com/US/source-warren-jeffs-coma-survive/story?id=14405162

excuses." ~

- Anna Cummins

pi-girl

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top